Thursday, August 13, 2015

It's an abstract world

A friend of mine told me to be a content creator, not a content consumer.

My blog title comes from a t-shirt I found in Tokyo.

The front reads, "So Good" and features a kanji meaning "The Encounter"

The back reads, "It's an abstract world, don't want, don't want to be no fool"

















And interestingly enough the company has my initials and some familiar letters


And I've been wearing red... but its all just coincidence, right?

It has stuck with me for many years, always pondering it's meaning.

It reminds me of a documentary, A Pervert's Guide to Ideology, featuring Slavoj Zizek




















I find it to be about the nature of man and perceptions. Two seemingly different people meet, with different ideologies but maybe, we are not so different you and I. We long to understand the whole, big picture. But it is like the heads chasing the tails, can't flip a coin fast enough, but when you do it creates the illusion of a sphere.

ab·stract
adjective
abˈstrakt,ˈabˌstrakt/
  1. 1.
    existing in thought or as an idea but not having a physical or concrete existence.
    "abstract concepts such as love or beauty"


I feel it is my mission, like my past career of accounting, striving to put your finger on the dance of life, make it concrete. You can slow it down and admire the moments, or get swept up in the ebb and flow. To each their own, where ever we may go. But always know, that you're home. Ohmmmmmmm

What do you think the shirt means?



No comments:

Post a Comment